Friday 30 March 2012

MOTIVATION



We have all heard about motivation. Motivation in literal terms means willingness to do. It is an inner urge which triggers an action within us. We all need motivation at different phases. We may be down with confidence, moral and so on. At these times we all need to uplift ourselves and perform better.



I always believed that determination, motivation & will power go hand in hand. Determination is your goal. It is what you want to achieve. Your path to achievement may not be easy. There will be obstacles, both big & small in your path. When you see an obstacle on your way, one shouldn’t be demoralized or feel that it is difficult to cross the obstacle. This is where motivation comes in to play. We always need to be motivated that we can, we can. Once we believe that we can, our perception changes.  We need tremendous amount of will power to achieve what we want. Will power is required to work/study day in and day out. We must be able to perform to the best of our abilities everyday in our life.

I would like to say a few things about how I moved about during my study leave and used determination, motivation & will power to sail me through. When I went in to my study leave the first question I asked myself am I game for this? I got an answer within saying no. But I didn’t feel letdown just because of one answer. I wanted to turn the table around and say yes, maybe a few days before the exam.

As my studies progressed I started to feel good and confident. But whenever I was down and negative thought came in to my mind saying that I can’t do it. I closed my books and for a moment I thought of good things in my life. I had thoughts about my class 10, class 12, B Com, CA foundation and CA inter. Thinking about how I managed to sail through this made me feel good.  When I studied I believed if I can’t do this then no one else can. Every day I used to visualize and dream about being a Chartered Accountant. I used to think about the number of opportunities I ll have being a CA. Also the amount of pleasure we ll get by adding CA before our name. This attitude and line of thinking helped me a great deal during my study holidays.

The greatest motivation one can have is the willingness to do well not only for yourself but for your parents. I always believe that hard work pays off.  As long as a person has a desire/ Hunger to know what he/she wants, one can surely achieve it. It all depends on how hungry you are to achieve what you want. One must always remain focused in what he/she wants and must not divert from it. Consistency and hard work is the order of the day.

Happiest moment for me in the past two years is when I saw the happiness in my parents face when I cleared the exam.  All of us really work hard to make our parents feel proud. We must always make our parents proud in things we do and we must do it in the right way. Today whatever we are is because of our parents. We have an identity today because of our parents. Today we are known as son/daughter of so & so. We do not have an identity of our own at this point of time in life. But it is essential that all of us have an identity of our own. Now people tell my parents that they are parents of a Chartered Accountant. What else can we ask for?  These are the moments which will be cherished for life time. Small things can sometimes make big differences. This is possible only if we achieve our goals in life. The society looks up to us. That can be the greatest motivation ever.


People should take steps to create a branding for themselves. This can be done through acquiring knowledge, work ethics, and good social life and over and above a good national citizen of the country. This branding takes time to build and once created it can leave tremendous amount of goodwill.

These 3 words assume great significance on our journey in life. Be determined to achieve what you want. To achieve one must always be motivated and must have the will to do it. The following words assume great significance in life


I will
I can
I want to do it


At the same time always remember maintain the highest standard of professional ethics and never compromise it in life. Once you compromise on ethics, it will haunt lifetime. Friends nothing is impossible in life as long as one has the desire & will to achieve what he/she wants to achieve.

2 comments:

  1. For all those, inspite of having everything, still complain, truly motivating.

    Each of us, individually, can make a difference & pass on a better world for our kids & future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article , I am going to spend more time learning about this topic helpful resources

    ReplyDelete